Monday, February 18, 2008

service projects in Eisleben

The service projects are on all your minds, I'm sure. I'm sorry that it hasn't been pinned down for sure yet what everyone will be doing. What we do know is this:

Workers are needed at the Alterlutherschule, doing general clean-up things over there. The groups worked there last year as well, so Pastor Chris could give you a better idea of what that might look like than I could. The church library needs to be moved and organized a little bit. An apartment that belongs to the church needs painting, and, weather permitting, there is also some gardening work that needs to be done to get ready for spring.

The churches need to be cleaned after being locked up all winter. This responsibility will almost definitely fall on the Clemson/UNM group, at least for Petri-/Pauli-. Each of the other groups will likely send delegates to Alterlutherschule, and tackle the other jobs as possible.

I promise I will update as soon as I know for sure what you'll be doing.

No comments: